Thursday 11 January 2007

Gone with the wind....

Ok. So I was on my way to work this morning. Terrible horrible weather as well. Like little wet tornados coming at you. This is the curse of the British weather I'm afraid.

You know that feeling you get some days, when you know that something bad is going to happen then minute you wake up? Well, I had that feeling. So when i stepped out of my apartment, I made sure I walked further away from the construction sites. God forbid I get hit by a flying crane. Had to stop every few minutes to hold on to something coz the winds were simply frightful! I'm no skinny cow, so you can imagine how strong the winds were, that I had to stop.

Just as I was about to cross the road, this cursed gust of wind came and blew my spectacles right off my face! No warning, nothing. Next minute, I saw my thin frameless wire speckies flying helplessly across the road, smashing into a divider...... and then, being driven over by a car. Even then, I still wanted to find it to try fix it coz I'm as good as half blind without them. Surely some UHU glue or cello tape can't temporarily fix. But no.... another gust of wind carried whatever remnants of my ONLY pair of glasses to some where far far away.

Colleagues were taking the mick out of me! ah well.....

Moral of the story is, NEVER wear a pair of glasses of such design in the midst of crappy brit weather!

No comments: